Credo Ut Intelligam

Credo Ut Intelligam
Above all else, think and reason. See with the eyes of your heart.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Bent Notes


Time…
Time holds no dominion over me
I defy time with the fortuitousness of an ancient warrior
Not for the sake of vanity
Nor for the mere triumph of will
But better still
I do it for you

For me
Time is a instrument with notes to bend
Like the strings of a guitar or of a Cello caressed without a bow
and what I really feel; I am sharing here now
Is love for you
A love secret and gentle, and strong
A mirror reflection of  the object of my affection
A sprout through the soil of my own broken heart
and scar marked resolve
My heart is glad and it longs for you

It has been only a short while
and it is true that we have not shared much time
But time holds no sway over me
Or the dominion of this warrior’s heart of mine
Copyright ©2010 by j. k. Bradford, All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment