Credo Ut Intelligam

Credo Ut Intelligam
Above all else, think and reason. See with the eyes of your heart.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Caveat Lector

I miss the ability to pluck from your feather bed what I hold dear
and you deem precious
I would by route
distract you with these well rehearsed false impressions
In softer muffled tones and spice riddled
Affirmations and accents
To teach,
and unlearn your mother’s caveat lector lessons
While the caramel plum hue of my intentions
gets the better of me;
it mercifully remains hidden
at least partially in the dim light from where we are sitting
Cradled in an overstuffed button punch love-seat
leaving me in this pitiable condition

I want to forget my own vision and see you in
purposeful poses
Positioning the lotus for me to notice
Your ambiance wafting in the air like summer roses

I swear

I swear the swans have traversed the lake
and upon the shore of your submission have landed
and here I stand
At this moment the sum of my weakness and glands
and all of this why?
So I may pluck the daylights from your star's
forbidden sky
Until exhausted you fall breathless into the slumber's hands
©2010 J. K. Bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment