Credo Ut Intelligam

Credo Ut Intelligam
Above all else, think and reason. See with the eyes of your heart.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

July 12th Old Topanga Canyon | Authspot

On July 12th Old Topanga Canyon

I propped myself against a convenient boulder

Trying to match the cool I saw in you

With a green St. Pauli bottle in my hand

You were walking with arms stretched out like Boeing wings

A balancing act for an overgrown spunky child

And like a child you traversed the jutting rocks

And softly hummed some Smith’s song

It was then that I had a melancholic moment when

I realize that you and I don’t belong in this world

Of harlots and thieves

Anymore than YOU belonged to me

Copyright ©2011 by j. k. Bradford, All Rights Reserved




July 12th Old Topanga Canyon | Authspot

No comments:

Post a Comment