Credo Ut Intelligam

Credo Ut Intelligam
Above all else, think and reason. See with the eyes of your heart.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Although You Defer

Forgive me lost Angie
For all the words that disconcerted
Eyes narrowed
Brows furrowed
And gazes callously averted
It is what it is
We where what we were
Although you defer


And I am what I was but slightly different
Less independent
A better man, and yet strangely a simple remnant
Of the promise I once possessed
Hoisted upon my spiritual betterment
A used needle cleaned of burrs
And yes
I remember what it meant to be alerted
Weekends you found yourself deserted,
My responsibilities skirted and forgotten about
Alerted to worries, obstacles, the barnacles
That clung to the respective hulls of our sinking boat
But I am older
And I am no longer the shoulder you can use
To scratch upon.
And I can no longer fuel your deception or my
Anxiety attacks
I can no longer feel for your primal fears
When I have lifted the invisible primate from my back
And moved on while you are still here
Waiting for my apology.
©2010  j. k. bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment