Credo Ut Intelligam

Credo Ut Intelligam
Above all else, think and reason. See with the eyes of your heart.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Balk

You balk at my brazen words
So make me
If you haven’t noticed I am yet to be impressed
and in case you haven’t heard
I could care less
I am careless with my own future and yours wouldn’t fare well under my tutelage
So make me
Make me find your point of view as appealing as my current one
Show me what your words could not properly stress
Maybe something clear, concise will open a door
Providing you with some sort of persuasive privilege
Produced, published and hot off the press
Make me
Go ahead make me
I dare you
What have you to use as leverage?
If the world consists of givers & takers do your coffers hold less?
Why should I concede to your assuage
I see your efforts as emotional sabotage
and a fore gleam of a crashed planes fuselage
So why should I drink water from your mere mirage?
So make me
Otherwise keep your mess on your side of the street and on your dress
©2009 J. K. Bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment