Credo Ut Intelligam

Credo Ut Intelligam
Above all else, think and reason. See with the eyes of your heart.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Copper Penny

I have always been your proverbial cinnamon penny
Not worth much, but I will shall shine and spend only for you
I fear in your silk purse of coins I am frankly one of many
Still I would like to believe that it simply isn’t true
For a tickle there is something that strikes me as funny
Although the idea of it leaves me dejected and blue
If I told you I knew of your poor conduct and misbehavior
Would you claim my words were meant to batter or bruise?
Because I have always been your personal copper penny
Not worth much but I willingly give you a penny’s luck
If I could I would love to venture elsewhere
But in the corners of your purse lining I always seem to be
seductively…stuck


Read more: http://authspot.com/poetry/copper-penny/#ixzz12GrEBbe4

No comments:

Post a Comment