Credo Ut Intelligam

Credo Ut Intelligam
Above all else, think and reason. See with the eyes of your heart.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Ignoble Dreamer

It seems to me that your memory, seamless slips easily in between
Barriers unseen to overwhelming oceans of envy in green
For those who hide the very things that I constantly try to glean

It seems to be that your misery easily whips the cream in between
Carriers being presented as friends, acquaintances e’en
And who truly want you to come clean; here is what I mean:

You are my attention and Lydia tells the tale
and I
I gather the listeners and bewail the plot as it fails
To thicken and did I bother to mention the wind in my sails
stops blowing me away long enough for the ocean to drown my love?
For the ocean to slowly drown my love in briny soup and wistful gales?

But there is still Lydia, and me wishing the song forever to last
Sweet sonic Lydia and Margot with the So & Sos,
As Tall As Lions to blast, while I for once and for all sit empty; crying
Mourning your almost love and my almost not a fool
My heart felt beauty poured out in meanings viewed as crass
Again I fall apart at the seams
As I think of and ignobly dream of the past
~2010 j.k. bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment