Credo Ut Intelligam

Credo Ut Intelligam
Above all else, think and reason. See with the eyes of your heart.

Friday, October 22, 2010

James 1:23-25 The Mirror Forgets

I have to remind myself of what is confirmed as factual
Not that I doubt or question it; I simply allow the phlegm of life to
To create a slippery slope of forgetfulness
I have to keep firm in mind that over and below, from another to the other side are the waving hands of passerby’s
Claiming greener lawns under false pretenses
Jail cells hidden behind house facades with white picket fences
But, I have given that a try, and it is a vehement lie
I see the banner flags of standard folks
 A worldly menagerie of malignment and self plotted confinement
Tossed about by misery; inkling for companionship and camaraderie
A single real moment of unfettered intimacy
I have forgotten before, and then in an instant remembered
Dodging the deceiver’s machete wielding; hungry for dismembering
As before, I kicked myself and quickly huffed upon the burning embers
That nearly flashed out of existence without my constant attention and persistence; to what needs be done
How we forget, when we turn away from our own reflection
Where our allegiance lies
How quickly we can come undone
Even with the mentorship of the Christ; Jah’s only begotten Son
So, I say to myself: This is to be expected
I must take a hold of the tools made available and read, study, reflect
And speak to Him, share with Him everyday
And then
Make an assessment of my own engine;
Is it in working order: Check
Oil: Checked.
An evaluation of wear and tear; Check
 Tires kicked; Check
I have to remind myself of what is important; righteous and therefore true
I wish I could stay firmly tied to the anchor of action
When I sequester my will but still my imperfect person breaks through
And its 1 step forward, and sadly backwards 2
©2010 J. K. Bradford



No comments:

Post a Comment